Public Education and Outreach
Canadians have the right to file a public complaint when they are dissatisfied or have concerns with the on-duty conduct of an RCMP member(s).
The CRCC is committed to raising public awareness of the public complaint process for all Canadians.
Public Complaint Process
- The public complaint process includes a number of steps. A full explanation is available here.
- The public complaint process flowchart is available here.
CRCC Public Complaint Form
Currently, the CRCC public complaint form is available in 16 languages. The full list is available here.
CRCC Public Education Materials
The CRCC publishes materials in both official languages. To request information in another language, please contact us.
Request a presentation or more information:
Many community service providers are the preferred point of contact for individuals seeking support, assistance or information about the public complaint process.
If you or your organization would like to know more about the CRCC, please contact us.
- Over 90% of Canadians file their complaints with the CRCC. The remaining complaints are filed with the RCMP or a provincial authority.
- There are 16 public complaint allegation categories. To see a full list, click here.
- The CRCC publishes public complaint statistics by province / territory. To access these reports, click here.
- The CRCC has a “no wrong door” policy for police complaints and works closely with its provincial oversight partners to assist the public. A full list of the provincial oversight bodies in Canada is available here. For a brief overview of their mandate, jurisdiction and responsibilities, click here.
In 2019, the CRCC collaborated with the Government of Nunavut to provide public complaint information in Inuktitut.
Currently, the following are available:
- ᖃᐅᔨᒪᑎᑦᓯᒍᑏᑦ ᑎᒍᔭᒐᐃᑦ
CRCC Brochure [PDF]
- ᓈᒻᒪᖏᑦᑐᓕᔪᒥᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐅᓐᓂᓪᓗᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᑕᑕᑎᒐᖅ
CRCC Complaint Form [PDF]
- ᓈᒻᒪᖏᑦᑐᓕᔪᒥᓂᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᑐᐊᒐᕐᓂᒃ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᒐᔭᕐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᖃᓄᖅ ᑕᑯᑎᑦᓯᒍᑦ
Complaint Process Flowchart [PDF]
- ᑕᑯᑎᑦᓯᒍᑦ ᖃᐅᔨᒪᔭᐅᖁᔭᓂᒃ
CRCC Poster [PDF]
- cᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ ᕿᒥᕐᕈᔭᐅᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᑕᑕᑎᒐᖅ
Request for Review Form [PDF]
- ᕿᒥᕐᕈᔭᐅᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᑐᐊᒐᐃᑦ: ᐊᐱᖅᑯᑎᐅᒐᔪᑦᑐᑦ
Review Process FAQ
- Date modified: